Another yummy week ahead, and I am really enjoying finding and collaborating with some great Food Bloggers! Check out these tasty recipes this week! Feel free to share, and tag #CookingwithMPM if you do cook these! I would love to see how you plate these delicious dishes!
Now, I know I’ve asked repeatedly, but if you have any recipes you want featured, feel free to contact me and show off your yummy meal! We could all use some inspiration at times!
This week, I’m featuring recipes from My Gluten Free Miami, Easy Peasy Foodie, Bites of Flavor, Family Capers, Good Food Week, Miss Food Fairy, and Kidgredients! Be sure to check out their pages for even more great recipes!
In case you’ve missed any of the weeks before, be sure to check out Weeks weeks 1,2,3, 4, 5, or 6!
It’s week #5 of Meal Plan Monday and I hope you have been getting some tasty additions to your family’s menu for the week! Remember that we are always on the lookout for recipes to feature here, so if you have anything, feel free to submit one with the contact form, or send me an email at MummyConfessions@hotmail.com
This week some yummy ideas from Kidgredients, The Butterfly Mother, Easy Peasy Foodie and Good Food Week!
Be sure to tag #CookingwithMPM if you share your food photos on social media, so we can see how delicious it all looks on your plate! Without further ado, here’s this week’s recipes! Have a lovely week and feel free to share and subscribe!
We’re into week four of meal planning, and I haven’t been great at it, but I’m getting better! I’m loving the ideas and recipes from all of the lovely Bloggers, and hope you are, too! Be sure to subscribe to updates to get an email when a new Week is posted! In case you’ve missed them, be sure to check out Weeks 1, 2, and 3 for further inspiration!
This week, we have some great recipes from Sweet Tea Baby Brie, Family Capers, Strength and Sunshine, and Kidgredients! Yum!
If you are cooking and loving the ideas here, feel free to use the tag #CookingwithMPM on social media, so we can see how great your dishes turn out! And, if you would like to submit any recipes to be featured, let me know by filling out the form here, or sending an email!
Need help with lunch boxes for the kids? Kidgredients Guide to Awesome Lunches, an ebook by Kidgredients has some great helps, tips, and recipes for lunches.* I also recommend browsing through her week of lunch boxes series! I have heard recently that packing a lunch for the ones at home is a great idea as well, so you have something quick to grab as the day goes!
I hope you enjoy your week ahead! If you want to share this week’s tasty recipes, please do! Happy Dining!
*Disclosure: I am affiliated with Kidgredients and earn a small commission for the qualifying purchases of the Kidgredients ebook listed above.
Recipes from Mummy Confessions
Simple Salmon Fillet Two Salmon Fillets
1. Preheat oven on 200 degrees Celsius
2. Place fillet in centre of foil square. Add a pinch of salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika on top of fillet.
3. Add a very small amount of olive oil on top of fillet.
4. Cut lemon into slices and add on top of fillet.
5. Wrap fillet in foil making sure it it completely covered.
6. Place it n oven for 30 minutes.
7. Serve along side your favourite vegetables.
Slow Cook Beef Roast 1 rump roast or round roast
1 pack French onion soup mix
2 beef stock cubes
3-6 potatoes, depending on size
1. Peel potatoes and carrots and cut to desired size. Place at bottom of slow cooker.
2. Place roast in pot.
3. Melt stock cubes in 2 cups water and pour over roast.
4. Add in packet of French onion soup mix.
5. Pour more water if needed over top, should be about half covering roast.
6. Cook for 6 or so hours on high.
7. Serve along side rice or noodles. You can boil some pasta in the stock watered down as well for more flavour.
Week three! Get those recipe cards out and join up here for some refreshing ideas for your pantry! If you’ve missed any of the weeks before this, feel free to check Week 1 and Week 2 for more great recipes!
Do you need ideas for kid’s lunches, too? Check out Kidgredients Guide to Awesome Lunches eBook for great tips, tricks and 10 new recipes as you prepare those lunch boxes! (I’m sure they’d make excellent at-home snacks, too.) I am proud to be an affiliate of Kidgredients, and by purchasing through this link I do earn a commission on qualifying sales.
Don’t forget to tag #cookingwithMPM if you do happen to use some of these, so we can see your delicious your dishes! On to great food
If you want to submit any of your recipes to be featured, feel free to use the contact form on the “About the Blogger” page, or email me at MummyConfessions@hotmail.com
500g-1kg chicken breast, either cut into fillets or cubed
Turkish Wraps, Flat wraps, or Pita bread
lettuce, tomato, onion, or other toppings
cheese if desire
sauce such as dressing, aioli, etc if desired
Season All by McCormick
1. Cut chicken into desired size and cook until nicely browned and cooked in the middle. When nearly done, sprinkle season all to taste. Separate unseasoned for kids if needed.
2. Place into wrap or bread and top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Pasta Marinara (American Style):
Pasta of choice (we choose fettuccini)
Small Onion, finely chopped
1 Grated Carrot
1-2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 Can Organic Crushed Tomatoes with Basil Oil
(or 1 Can crushed tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
(or 1 Can crushed tomatoes and 1/2 jar Tomato paste with basil)
1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
1. In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. In separate pot, boil water and cook pasta. Drain pasta once finished, but cook the sauce while it cooks.
2. Cook onion, carrot, and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat to boiling.
4. Reduce heat; Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add salt (or Vegeta) or sugar, depending on how you like it.
5. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle cheese over top for more taste.
Sloppy Joes (This also makes a great dip for nachos or chips):
500g minced beef
3/4 Can Tomato Soup
1/2 Cup Salsa
Hamburger Buns or round rolls
1. Cook beef until well browned, breaking up the meat as you go. Pour off grease
2. Stir in tomato soup and salsa once meat is browned.
3. Heat to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until no longer soupy, but still saucy. Stir occasionally. Add salt or Vegeta to taste if needed.
5. Serve on burger buns.
Slow Cooker Pork and Veggies
1 Kg pork tenderloin
1 pack French onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine
3 Tbsp crushed garlic
3 Tbsp soy Sauce
Potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
Carrots, peeled and cut
1. Peel potatoes and carrots and place in slow cooker.
2. Mix all dry ingredients and put over top of tenderloin in slow cooker. Pour all wet ingredients over top.
3. Cook on high for 6 hours or so, until roast is cooked through.