Yum! Week two of the meal plan is full of great recipes and ideas for your family’s table! Feel free to contact me with your favourites to appear in coming weeks of Meal Plan Monday (form can be found on this page.) Thank you to Kidgredients again for your great recipes of inspiration!
If you’re like me and new to the meal plan thing, you may wind up skipping or swapping some days, and that’s ok! But, it has really helped me out with my picky child with trying new foods!
Don’t forget to tag #cookingwithMPM if you do happen to use some of these, so we can see your delicious your dishes! On to great food!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I earn commissions from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure policy for details.
Monday: Chicken Fried Rice (Or Chicken Stirfry and Rice)
Wednesday: Veggie Carbonara Bake by Kidgredients
Thursday: Chicken, Quinoa and Vegetable Hand Pies by Kidgredients
Saturday: Make-Your-Own Pizza Night
Sunday: Slow Cooker Beef Osso Bucco
Recipes from above with Mummy Confessions:
Chicken fried rice
250-500g Chicken, cubed or smaller pieces
5-7 Tbsp Soy sauce
1-2Tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 Capsicum, chopped
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
1/4 Cup White Wine
1-2 Cubes Chicken Stock
Vegeta Gourmet Stock, to taste
Sugar if needed to taste
2 Cups or so White Rice
1. Boil rice (use 2 parts water to one part rice).
2. Pan fry chicken until golden brown.
3. Add onion, and pan fry until it cooks nicely.
4. Add White Wine and simmer for a little.
5. Add in other vegetables and 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce. Stir and simmer.
6. Once rice is cooked, either add it into the mix and cook all together, adding the remaining soy sauce, or just add soy sauce to mix and let rice cool.
7. Now boil water (about a Cup or so) and dissolve the stock cubes, adding them to the mixture.
8. Let this all simmer until desired sauciness. Add Vegeta or sugar to taste.
9. Let cool and serve.
Baby Meal: Pureed Roasted Capsicum and Pureed Cooked Chicken (from Momtastic Wholesome Baby Food) with cooked milled rice
Toddler/Preschooler Meal: Separate some rice and veggies out before adding in all of the soy sauce.
Ingredients: 500g-1kg lean meat, sliced very thin and chopped up
American or Tasty Cheese
Soft bread rolls
1. Cut up meat very finely. I fine mostly frozen steaks to be very good to get a thin cut.
2. Pan fry beef until browned, then add paprika and steak seasoning if desired.
3. I add a little water to create a little bit of sauciness to it, but not too saucy.
4. Once cooked, serve on a soft bread roll with cheese on top.
5. If desired, melt cheese in microwave, or in oven.
Serve with favourite vegetables.
Toddler Meal: serve without seasoning, or just no steak seasoning.
Make Your Own Pizza Night
(I have to admit, I use the pre-made stuff, but I’ve found highly rated recipes for those of you who are more into making everything from scratch.
Favourite Pizza Crust, English Muffins, or this recipe from Taste.com.au
Tomato Paste or this recipe from Taste.com.au (note: this one takes a few hours)
Favourite Cheese(s) (We like mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan)
Favourite Toppings and herbs if desired
1. Make dough, or set out dough on greased pan.
2. Spread your tomato paste on your pizza and watch your toddler painstakingly spread theirs.
3. Put toppings and cheese nicely on your pizza and watch, again, as toddler makes an effort at recreating a Picasso piece, hopefully not on your floor.
4. Bake in oven at 150-175 until cheese is to your desired melty-goodness level (we like ours slightly browned) and toppings are cooked.
(To prevent crust from burning, you can put aluminium foil around the edges if necessary)
5. Let cool after finished and enjoy!
Baby Meal: Pasta from Momtastic Wholesome Baby Food
Toddler Meal: A very special-looking but handmade pizza, possibly cut up smaller.
Slow Cooker Beef Osso Bucco
(Courtesy of the Mister)
3 Large Carrots
1 Large Onion
4-5 Garlic Cloves
1 Table Spoon Tomato Paste
1 Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
20ml Olive Oil
10-15 Grams of Butter
1 Cup Dry White Wine
1 Cup Plain Flour
4-5 Pieces of Beef Osso Bucco
Vegeta Gourmet Stock
1. Grate carrots, onion, crush garlic and set aside.
2. Heat a large pan and add butter and olive oil.
3. On a separate plate, pour the cup of plain white flour, and once you have cut the fat around the osso bucco in four separate places so that it does not bunch up once it starts to cook, cover in flour, shake off excess flour and cook in pan until golden brown. Set meat aside.
4. In the same pan, add garlic and stir around, add onion.
5. Once onion is soft add carrots and cook until they become soft as well.
6. Add canned tomatoes and 1 cup of water, simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. Add the white wine and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and add Vegeta to taste.
8. During this 10 minutes heat slow cooker on high.
9. Place osso bucco in slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Leave on high for one hour then dial back to medium for 4-5 hours.
This meal takes a long time to cook but it is well worth the wait as it is absolutely delicious. This meal goes well with mashed potatoes to give you that hearty rustic winter meal, or serve by itself alongside fresh stone baked bread. However you choose to serve this meal, it is sure to be well received and talked about by your guests for a long time.
Baby Meal: Carrot-Rice Casserole from Momtastic Wholesome Baby Food and mashed potato with nothing added.
Toddler Meal: Set apart some ossobucco before adding Vegeta, or cook some meat separately in the oven to serve with some mashed potato or other side and some vegetables.