Week three! Get those recipe cards out and join up here for some refreshing ideas for your pantry! If you’ve missed any of the weeks before this, feel free to check Week 1 and Week 2 for more great recipes!
Do you need ideas for kid’s lunches, too? Check out Kidgredients Guide to Awesome Lunches eBook for great tips, tricks and 10 new recipes as you prepare those lunch boxes! (I’m sure they’d make excellent at-home snacks, too.) I am proud to be an affiliate of Kidgredients, and by purchasing through this link I do earn a commission on qualifying sales.
Don’t forget to tag #cookingwithMPM if you do happen to use some of these, so we can see your delicious your dishes! On to great food
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means I earn commissions from qualifying purchases. See my disclosure policy for details.
Monday: Simple Chicken Wraps
Tuesday: Veal Saltimbocca by Kidgredients
Wednesday: Slow Cooker Lemon and Herb Chicken by Kidgredients
Thursday: Sloppy Joes
Friday: Chicken and Veggie Noodles in Baked Wonton Cups from Kidgredients
Saturday: Pasta Marinara (American Style, no seafood involved)
Sunday: Slow Cooker Pork and Veggies
Mummy Confessions Recipes from above:
Simple Chicken Wraps:
500g-1kg chicken breast, either cut into fillets or cubed
Turkish Wraps, Flat wraps, or Pita bread
lettuce, tomato, onion, or other toppings
cheese if desire
sauce such as dressing, aioli, etc if desired
Season All by McCormick
1. Cut chicken into desired size and cook until nicely browned and cooked in the middle. When nearly done, sprinkle season all to taste. Separate unseasoned for kids if needed.
2. Place into wrap or bread and top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Pasta Marinara (American Style):
Pasta of choice (we choose fettuccini)
Small Onion, finely chopped
1 Grated Carrot
1-2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 Can Organic Crushed Tomatoes with Basil Oil
(or 1 Can crushed tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
(or 1 Can crushed tomatoes and 1/2 jar Tomato paste with basil)
1 Tablespoon Chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
1. In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. In separate pot, boil water and cook pasta. Drain pasta once finished, but cook the sauce while it cooks.
2. Cook onion, carrot, and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat to boiling.
4. Reduce heat; Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add salt (or Vegeta) or sugar, depending on how you like it.
5. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle cheese over top for more taste.
Sloppy Joes (This also makes a great dip for nachos or chips):
500g minced beef
3/4 Can Tomato Soup
1/2 Cup Salsa
Hamburger Buns or round rolls
1. Cook beef until well browned, breaking up the meat as you go. Pour off grease
2. Stir in tomato soup and salsa once meat is browned.
3. Heat to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until no longer soupy, but still saucy. Stir occasionally. Add salt or Vegeta to taste if needed.
5. Serve on burger buns.
Slow Cooker Pork and Veggies
1 Kg pork tenderloin
1 pack French onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine
3 Tbsp crushed garlic
3 Tbsp soy Sauce
Potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
Carrots, peeled and cut
1. Peel potatoes and carrots and place in slow cooker.
2. Mix all dry ingredients and put over top of tenderloin in slow cooker. Pour all wet ingredients over top.
3. Cook on high for 6 hours or so, until roast is cooked through.